iwlwifi-firmware

Xavier Lamien laxathom at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 9 19:36:12 UTC 2007

It's more apropriate to have differente package instead have on package for
all. that  could avoid to install unused files or make able to remove unused
files.
So this package should be named as follow:
iwl-3945-firmware
iwl-4945-firmware

2007/6/9, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>:

> On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 20:54 +0200, dragoran wrote:
> > The iwlwifi-firmware package only contains the ucode image for iwl3945
> > but not 4945.
> > should I file a bug against iwlwifi-firmware or should this be a
> > different package?
> > upstream calls them:
> > iwlwifi-3945-ucode
> > and
> > iwlwifi.4945-ucode
>
> Probably a different package.  And now that F7's out the door, it's
> probably a good time to get the 3945 firmware package renamed for the
> devel tree.

+1

They just changed the naming upstream right before final
> freeze, so we wanted to put it off a smidge
>
> Jeremy
>
> --

Xavier.t Lamien
--