f7 images for mass production

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jun 9 21:50:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 03:29:46PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 09 June 2007 13:39:39 Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Since this is not getting the needed love: Another idea would be to
> > have weekly respins. No QA other than ensuring the packages form a
> > closure (and I think this is ensured in F7+updates anyway already) and
> > no higher guarantees of working than telling people to use F7 and yum
> > update.
> >
> > Would there we interest in such a project? Something like what fedora
> > unity was delivering only on a regular basis.
>
> Very quickly your userland drifts farther than the anaconda build can deal
> with, and then you get into trying to update anaconda, and taking away our
> installer team's time from working on the next release and...

It ain't as bad, I've been using anaconda with updated trees since
ages for PXE booting including updates, and many other large site
admins have been doing the same for security concerns.

I guess the media spins are not that different than creating PXE
trees concerning anaconda.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net