The updates firehose

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jun 10 00:17:25 UTC 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007 16:32:07 Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Are people complaining?

I don't know.  I can't consume #fedora or fedora-list.  I'm mostly seeking
opinions with my posting.

> Are we actually breaking stuff in the process?

Well, we're still not checking for broken deps, so maybe.  Things like
multilib make this somewhat difficult to detect and prevent pushing, or
detect and provide a way to deliver just the security ones, etc...  I don't
really know though, I'm off in rawhide land, but the amount of churn on the
release makes it feel like rawhide too.

> Are you upset with the amount of bandwith we're eating or just based on
> principal?

Somewhat on principal.  The amount of churn in Extras went somewhat unnoticed
to me because there wasn't something like bodhi for them.  Now that
everything goes through it it is very apparent that there is an enormous
amount of updates issued.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora