The updates firehose

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jun 10 00:19:38 UTC 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007 16:15:15 Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Is it possible to provide meta data to yum with some sort of indication
> of what the update does. Maybe a choice from Security, Critical (e.g.
> data loss) bug, Bug fix, New features. Then you could tell yum to only grab
> security and critical bug fixes if you didn't want to download lots of
> updates.

Actually we're going to re-implement that.  We had it for the Core updater
tool, Luke will hook us up with it for bodhi soon.  It'll contain the
contents of the "notes" you put into bodhi so that when you look at a list of
updates in pup you can see what the update is for.  However when you're
staring down 60+ updates (or 90 or 120 depending on when you look) how many
people are actually going to look through or are they going to just apply and
hope for the best?

I don't know if this is a real problem or not, just an observation on the
weekend (:

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora