The updates firehose

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sun Jun 10 01:31:24 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 04:41:12PM -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Christopher Blizzard wrote:
>
> >Are people complaining?
>
> I don't complain when it happens with my own computer that's
> being updated daily... but it's painful when you update a
> dozen of desktops in the office to F7 and all them want to
> download 500MB worth of updates the first time they boot.
>
> Yes, I could use a local Fedora mirror.  And, in fact,
> I do.  But then I'd have to customize the yum config on
> all clients to go look there.

You can add your local private mirror to mirrormanager, add a netblock
that covers your address space, and all your clients will then pull
from your local mirror rather than public mirrors, with no change on
the clients.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring

Thanks,