Improving availability and guaranteeing integrity in ISO - internal sha1sums

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sun Jun 10 10:20:34 UTC 2007

On So Juni 10 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 11:52 +0200, Till Maas a écrit :

> > $ find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum
>
> If you actually try to use it you'll find there are many small problems
> to take care of (such as sanitizing find output so absolute/relative
> files names are not embedded in the checksum files)

I do not understand the problem, when the commandline is invoked in the root
directory of the iso, the file paths are all correct, i.e. relative to the
root directory of the iso. If one wants to store the checksum file in a
subdirectory of the iso, he only needs to run the command from this directory
with enough ".." in the search path for find.

Regards,
Till