Web based interface for custom spins

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:47:53 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 13:25 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> >

> >> True, although our scope is not beyond any RPM/YUM driven systems.
> >> Neither is livecd-tool's or pungi's, afaik.
> >
> > Beyond RPM based systems in the sense that, anyone with a web browser
> > can do respins of Fedora. I wasn't talking about porting Revisor to
> > other package management systems.
> >

> Like I said, a web-interface would be the best solution to enable
> non-RPM/YUM driven systems to do repins (not just Fedora respins, again,
> all RPM/YUM driven distros).

What about having the web-based interface generate a set of scripts that
could be used to pull down the packages (with wget or curl, and using
mirrormanager for the package base), create the administrivial files
(initrd, modules.cgz, etc.), and create the .iso (with mkisofs et al)?
That way all they'd need is tools that are available on any distro (I'm
sure we can toss rpm2cpio.sh in). Heck, they might even be able to do it
under cygwin.