The updates firehose

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Sun Jun 10 15:22:17 UTC 2007

Hi.

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:08:35 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote

> I think the ugpradeability is a factor, but I think you've got it
> wrong. If every time someone built a change into rawhide, they also
> pushed a fix to F-7 for example because there's a new version of
> <insert popular app here>, then what's the point in upgrading to F-8
> when that's ready?

Well... if the update is in the same branch, I push it to F<stable>, too
(after having had it in rawhide for some time). For example, 1.3.4->1.3.5
will get into F7.

Major version releases do usually not get into F<stable>, unless there
is a very convincing reason. For example, 1.3.5->1.4.0 would get into
rawhide, but probably not into F7.

That's just my style, however.