The updates firehose

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Jun 10 19:50:00 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 04:05:00PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Anybody else think we're issuing entirely /way/ too many updates?  We've had
> 138 "stable" updates, and 177 current "testing" updates.  If all those were
> to go stable, we're talking over 300 updates, in just over a week.

These numbers are useless, in my opinion. Among those updates how many are
problematic? Still nn my opinion those are not problematic:
* fix important bug
* interesting new features, without important and backward incompatible
  changes
* new package
* soname change, but with a compat (including a compat-devel) package
* specialzed software with small userbase and a packager knowing what
  he is doing

So, how much left after removing those?

--
Pat