The updates firehose

Sindre Pedersen Bjordal foolish at guezz.net
Mon Jun 11 11:05:51 UTC 2007

For the record, I'm a community guy requesting a policy on updates.

Leaving it up to the packagers is fine if the packagers feel confident
that they can themselves decide on the best updates policy for users for
each package, I'm not that confident. I'd like to see some guidelines on
when to push updates for certain types of packages, simply because I
just don't know what makes sense.

And I feel really guilty, I alone am responsible for 22 of the updates
in updates-testing, of which 21 are new packages that didn't make it in
before the merge. Then again, the rest of the 300 or so packages have
the same new package/real update ratio as mine do, we're only dealing
with a minor number of real updates.

--
Sindre Pedersen Bjørdal <foolish at guezz.net>
- http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SindrePedersenBjordal