The updates firehose

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 12:31:21 UTC 2007

On Monday 11 June 2007 01:08:40 Bill Nottingham wrote:
> So, this is something I'd *love* to have - some sort of stats on
> how many people have installed package X; useful for doing checks
> to see what should or shouldn't be on the DVDs, and so on. I know
> the mugshot stats exist, but that's not the same.

And how thrown off is this data by people who install Everything, or all in a
group but never use the data?  More important than 'how many people installed
package X' is perhaps "how many people installed package X that wasn't on the
media" and even more importantly "how many people launched package X and what
was X's deps?".

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora