Improving availability and guaranteeing integrity in ISO downloads

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Jun 12 02:35:19 UTC 2007

http://www.getright.com/seedtorrent.html

Supported by Azureus, among others. We already have an extensive
HTTP/FTP mirror system to leverage.

I've noticed, after the initial release rush, torrents end up being
quite a bit slower than just downloading from a mirror. Especially on a
less popular arch. (cough ppc cough...) In the past I've just stopped
the torrent, downloaded the iso from a mirror, then restarted the
torrent to help seed.

It would be nice to just have this happen automagically.