Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-JUN-11

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Jun 12 20:54:39 UTC 2007

> Torrent is earlier. Rest is later. It's not like all the releases don't
> have leaked mirrors anyway a few days before the release anyway.

For reference, here's how the FC6 and F7 releases went for me:

1) The day before release, a leaky mirror is discovered.
2) An enterprising user downloads the iso and creates a torrent.
3) The torrent spreads like wildfire through forums and IRC.
4) I download the torrent, and verify the signature on the checksums.
5) On release day, I download the official torrent and help seed.