For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 22:58:34 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> Well, if it _fails_ that's likely to be generic problem which you need
> to deal with anyway. If it _succeeds_ then can't you get the builds from
> koji as soon as they're finished on each architecture? They take another
> day or so to hit the mirrors _anyway_, so presumably it's not _that_
> delay you care about.

it just an irking waste of resources really, its not a serious
complaint.  I haven't had a ppc failure for my package since koji was
handed to me to play with so I can't really comment on whether or not
koji will make me feel better about the situation.  I've no dog in the
architecture class warfare battle (though I'm happy to take some ppc
hardware donations to get me off the fence.) I'm content to watch ppc
failures on my packages and then come to you with hat in hand and big
puppydog eyes so that I can be humbled for my lack of expertise
solving obvious problems.

-jef"too bad we can't squeeze fedora onto a lego mindstorm brick...
i'm sure the fedora infrastructure team would love to have some legos
to play with as build hosts"spaleta