F8devel - UI "responsiveness" improvements

Scott Berry sberry at northlc.com
Wed Jun 13 23:53:16 UTC 2007

I would also like to ask for a progress bar so when the packages begin to
install that it shows the percentage of each package being done.  This way
if you're a newbie or oldie you will know for almost certain that the
packages are not the culprit of stopping the install.  My instance on Fc7
was this:

I had installed Office Productivity, Software Development, Web Server when
it got to package 817 which was Open Office it just hung but we didn't know
what it was doing so I just let it sit for a couple of hours when it didn't
go any further I did a reinstall took out Office Productivity and it worked
like a champ and I just did a yum install for the packages I was missing.

Scott