fedora-logos dependencies in F7

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 15 09:49:30 UTC 2007

Hans K. Rosbach wrote:

> I haven't checked what is in the fedora-logos package, but
> it just seems weird to me that some logos would _require_
> an engine..

Wouldn't it be better to waste a second on looking at the files before
starting a discussion on this? fedora-logos despite the name is not just
simple logos but all trademarked images in a single package including
customized themes which depend on specific theming engines. They are all
in the same package because a clean separation is desirable form the
legal perspective (trademark images have certain associated restrictions
to protect the trademark and the brand) and to ease the process of
creating derivative distributions.

Rahul