guideline-isms leading to dependency bloats (was: fedora-logos dependencies in F7)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jun 15 13:40:50 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote :

> Kevin Kofler (kevin.kofler at chello.at) said:
> > Matthias Clasen <mclasen <at> redhat.com> writes:
> > > It has been extensively discussed that splitting is not an option
> > > because legal wants us to keep all trademarked images in a single
> > > package.
> >
> > ... which they already aren't!
>
> Argh. File a bug, please.

...asking to split further? ;-)

I don't really care what the solution is, but I'm part of those who
want to be able to install servers (with grub) without pulling in all of
multilib X because of a couple of otherwise unowned directories.

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
Load : 3.82 3.30 2.65