Fedora and Cross Compiling

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jun 15 13:44:24 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 08:38 -0500, David Smith wrote:
> I certainly see your point, but when bootstrapping an arch you sometimes
> get in these cases where X requires Y which requires Z which requires X,
> so you have to start chopping requires down to the minimal.

For bootstrapping, yes. But that mess doesn't see the light of day -- by
the time you get close to applying to become a secondary architecture
for Fedora, that should all be a thing of the past.

> Plus, if a native require is for something quite complicated like perl
> or python, you typically want to postpone that pain for as long as
> possible...

Again, you're talking about the initial bootstrap. In which case ignore
me -- I wasn't thinking about that.

--
dwmw2