F8devel - Review HAL policy about hiding partitions

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 17:17:22 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 10:14 -0700, Otto Rey wrote:
> Why we continue hiding partitions with HAL policy
> (/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/99-redhat-storage-policy-fixed-drives.fdi)??

My policy has always been that if a user is able to boot a system with a
live-cd then all security is void.

I've been arguing for many months that 99-redhat-... should only be for
RHEL builds, and not for fedora. I think David Zeuthen is working very
hard on PolicyKit, which might solve this type of permissions problem
one and for all.

Richard.