user created at install added in sudoers ?

Freddie Rosario frosario777 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 05:59:58 UTC 2007

I know that Ubuntu disables the root account by default and automatically
enables the first user added to the system to have sudo access. That might
not be a bad idea as it guards against brute force attempts against the root
account. That would be a good argument in favor of that change but can
anyone think of any reasons against this sudo setup?

On 6/15/07, Caio Marcelo <cmarcelo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/15/07, Steven Bakker <sb at monkey-mind.net> wrote:
> > Or alternatively:
> >
> > * Create a "sudoers" group at install time.
> > * Have the "%sudoers" in /etc/sudoers by default.
>
> Just a small note: there's a "wheel" group, which has entries
> in /etc/sudoers by default, but commented. This group is usually
> for the administration users AFAIK, so it could be used instead of
> "sudoers" group.
>

> Cheers,
>   Caio Marcelo
>
> --