Root filesystem encryption update

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jun 18 19:07:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 12:55:31 -0400,
  Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> Is this where I chime in with something about keymaps and locales again?
> I'm thinking probably so... ;-)

That is certainly a problem. But for some people running encryption through
a block device that respects things such as write barriers, is going to be
more attractive than some of the other solutions.

Heck, for key maps there probably aren't so many that you can't try multiple
possibilities after getting the password. The password prompts being in the
wrong locale, might look ugly, but should be servicable. People using the
grub menu have to deal with that now as far as I know.