user created at install added in sudoers ?

Chris Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:05:17 UTC 2007

On 19/06/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Chris Brown wrote:
>

> > That's a pretty lame argument. If I did that I'd still be running my BBC
> > Micro.
>
> I don't know what relationship there exists between what you run and
> what choices the installer exposes. If you going to argue you need to do
> so in more generic terms.

...and you in slightly less patronising ones. Wading in advising people to
"pick one option and stick with it" smacks of narrow-mindedness and is an
awful technical argument.

> I'm not running Gentoo am I?
>
> How am I supposed to know that?

You're not and I imagined you'd realise that as the question was rhetorical
and this is a Fedora list. I don't disagree that users can configure to meet
their needs but when a discussion involves users saying "Yeah, that's the
first thing I do after install" then being able to make it a default option
is a good thing as its:

a) popular
b) one less thing to do on a fresh install

Debating both sides is good because it
> allows to choose one as default. Fedora should evaluate the choices and
> pick one as default.

I couldn't agree more.

There is no reason every choice should be exposed
> by the installer.

Again agreed, but the _right_ choices should and it is only right that this
discussion be considered a chance to debate those.

Installation documentation FYI is at
> docs.fedoraproject.org and not in the wiki.

I know. Anaconda documentation is however.

Regards
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com