Improving availability and guaranteeing integrity in ISO downloads

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Jun 20 01:48:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 03:40:59PM -0400, Anthony Bryan wrote:
> >On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 07:51:20PM +0200, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
>
> Have you had a chance to look over Ruben's additions? Any feedback? He
> said he re-licensed it to line up w/ mirrormanager. Any ideas/comments
> for features in Metalink that could be of use to Fedora?

Yes, I took a quick look; I'll be able to do something with this, but
not for the next 4 weeks, as I'm out of the office moving houses and
on vacation, then catching up on real work. :-)

If someone would care to add it in themselves using the publicly
available mirrorlists as the initial list of mirrors for test
purposes, I'll be happy to review patches when I return.
mirrormanager is in a git archive at
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/mirrormanager.  It will then
be easy to make that code use the mm database rather than a static
list.

Thanks,
Matt

--