user created at install added in sudoers ?

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Jun 20 05:16:50 UTC 2007

On 6/19/07, n0dalus <n0dalus+redhat at gmail.com> wrote:
> In what way would it benefit a majority of users? I could be wrong,
> but I suspect the majority of Fedora installations only have one
> administrator, in which case, sudo actually ends up making things
> _less_ secure (it provides another account by which root access can be
> cracked).

In a "1st user gets sudo" scenario, I'd lock the root account. It
wouldn't be _another_ account to crack, it would be a different
account.

Plus, root accounts are known to be present. Usernames with sudo
access would need to be guessed or discovered through other means.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services