FESCo elections

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Jun 20 19:11:45 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 08:13:19AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> First, there is no FAB.  FAB stands for "fedora-advisory-board" and is
> simply a mailing list, not a formal committee.  If you meant the Fedora
> Ambassadors Steering Committee, that's FAmSco.  Yay for ambiguous
> acronyms!

I meant FPB.

> FESCo still has a responsibility of representing the community.  That is
> why it is comprised of people from the community, which are elected by
> the community itself.

Lately FESCo seems more to be an engineering body. It doesn't means that
it cannot be elected, but I am not convinced that it really represents
the community, since it seems that representativeness is done in FPB.
Although more things are under the responsibility of FESCo it seems to
me that less is under FESCo control.
(According to the long thread on f-a-b).

--
Pat