additional *-python splits

Yanko Kaneti yaneti at declera.com
Fri Jun 22 18:58:18 UTC 2007

> Yanko Kaneti (yaneti at declera.com) said:
> > Before wrestling with bugzilla, I'd like to ask if there are any
> > objections to further splitting of *-python subpackages for some core
> > libraries. It would make removing python on a minimal install less
> > painful.
> >
> > Three patches for libsemanage, newt and libuser attached.
>
> Does this include patches for packages that need their Requires: changed?

Here is my best attempt. At the following url
http://www.declera.com/~yaneti/splitpy/
are all the related patches that I could muster

the original three spec file splitting patches for:
libsemanage
libuser
newt

spec file requirements fixes for:
anaconda
authconfig
firstboot
policycoreutils
system-config-date
system-config-rootpassword
system-config-samba
system-config-users
system-switch-java
system-switch-mail

patch for anaconda's secrips/upd-instroot that needs to be applied to
anaconda upstream

Hope I didn't miss something.
Yanko