FESCo elections

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Jun 24 00:25:31 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 14:25 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> JS> If someone was going to attempt to ask for sponsorship without
> JS> submitting a new package...where do they start?
>
> Apply for cvsextras membership in the account system and find someone
> to sponsor them through whatever channels they wish.

OK, so, if I really want to vote for FESCo, I can sneak my way into the
voting pool if I know somebody?

This does not sound like the kind of "democracy" that we want.  Why have
a special pool of citizens?  And does the special pool have to be made
up only of the kind of people who are being elected?

Special pools of voters for special positions:

* Only lawyers can vote for Federal Judges.
* Only medicos are allowed to vote for Surgeon General.
* Only white males are allowed to vote for President.

What if you are not in that special pool and want to run or vote?  Put
on some whiteface and fake a law degree?

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project