Parallel Booting

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Jun 25 08:54:32 UTC 2007

Ville Skyttä wrote :

> On Friday 22 June 2007, Harald Hoyer wrote:
>
> > The next step would be to modify all initscripts in /etc/init.d to be LSB
> > compliant [4].
>
> Does this imply that these modified init scripts should also be
> installed/removed with the LSB tools instead of chkconfig?  See
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/245494

Ouch! As much as the new approach seems interesting, I always remove
the redhat-lsb package from my minimal installs because of all the
useless (in my case) X related packages it pulls in :-/

BTW, is this just some initial test? Or will Fedora officially move in
this direction, with the change discussed and approved by FESCO?

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7
Load : 0.21 0.34 0.40