yum upgrade error http 404 on tsclient rpm

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Jun 25 14:42:34 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:16:23 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
>

>> Gerry Reno wrote:
>>
>>> I decided to try to yum upgrade an FC6 machine today to F7 so I
>>> installed the fedora-release rpms for F7 and then ran yum upgrade, but
>>> I'm getting 404 errors on package tsclient.  It tries a bunch of
>>> mirrors and then says no more mirrors to try.  Is anyone else seeing
>>> this?
>>>

>> Ok, I waited a while a retried this again.  It goes along for quite a
>> while and then finally gets these errors:
>>
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libnetsnmp.so.10 is needed by package
>> net-snmp-utils
>> Error: Missing Dependency: mysql = 5.0.27-1.fc6 is needed by package
>> mysql-bench
>>

> You need to enable the Fedora "Everything" repository to upgrade several
> of your packages from Fedora 6.
>
> The rest of your messages are based on misinterpreting the Yum error
> messages. For example:
>
> | Error: Missing Dependency: mysql = 5.0.27-1.fc6 is needed by package
> | mysql-bench
>
> This can mean two things, but in your case it means that the version of
> "mysql-bench" that is installed on your machine blocks "mysql" from being
> upgraded without breaking dependencies. The newer "mysql" is in the
> repository, but the corresponding "mysql-bench" is not. Hence the upgrade
> fails. Enable the full repository where Yum will find the missing
> packages like mysql-bench and net-snmp-utils.

Ok, I'll try this.

Here is what is in my fedora.repo:
[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY

[fedora-debuginfo]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Debug
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/debug/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-debug-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY

[fedora-source]
name=Fedora $releasever - Source
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/source/SRPMS/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-source-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY

So I'm assuming that you mean to uncomment the 'baseurl' which has
Everything and comment the 'mirrorlist' for [fedora].
And if it succeeds how should I set the repositories going forward? Do I
leave it set to Everything or should I set it back to 'mirrorlist' once
the initial upgrade succeeds?