FESCo elections

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jun 25 17:20:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 09:02:53 -0700,
  Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I think the requirement should be membership in some (any) other group than
> > cla_done.
>
> This is still going to disenfranchise folks without any other measure of
> if they should be.  Only cla_done means not an active contributor?  Not
> so, the Wiki is a legit contribution area and only requires cla_done.

There is still some manual setup required to be able to edit the wiki.
I looked at my groups and I just have cla_done and cla_fedora which were
both generated by the automated sign up process.

In order to edit the wiki you need to be in the wiki's EditGroup (which is
not a fedora account group). However I can see treating membership in
that group the same as having a fedora account group that was manually
approved.

Looking at my preferences doesn't make it clear how the wiki accounts are
bound to the fedora accounts. There may be a field that isn't visible or
it may be based on email address. But presumably there would be some relatively
easy way to get a list of fedora accounts corresponding to people that are
allowed to edit wiki pages.