rpms/libupnp/FC-6 .cvsignore, 1.8, 1.9 libupnp.spec, 1.12, 1.13 sources, 1.8, 1.9

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Tue Jun 26 19:01:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:46:05 +0200 (CEST), Eric TANGUY wrote:

> I just announce this on fedora-maintainers list with copy to the owners
> concerned. All seem to be agree to rebuild their packages against this new
> lib but we have some questions about this :
>
> we tried to rebuild our packages (ushare and gmediaserver) for F-7 but the
> build system does not see the new libupnp which is in update-testing. What
> to do ?

Mail rel-eng and request that they tag the package accordingly. With
koji/bodhi and stable dist targets, only stable updates make it into the
buildroots by default. This is different than with the plague buildsys.

> When we will be ready how to push all the packages at the same time ? And
> how to synchronize this with livna ?

Building a complete set of updates is a prerequisite to being able to push
all packages quickly.

Livna doesn't build against updates-testing, however, so making sure that
the packages do rebuild successfully as soon as the Fedora updates are
released would be important. That is, no surprises such as API breakage
and untested rebuilds.

Since different people push the packages, the maximum that can be done
is to keep the "broken deps" window short.