Fedora Core Merge Reviews

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jun 26 19:27:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 01:43:19PM -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> One of the items still left to do with regard to the recent merging of
> Core & Extras is the reviews on packages that previously were in Core.
> FESCo has been trying to determine what type of goal we should set for
> completion by F8 test 2.  Most of us felt that it wasn't a reasonable
> goal to finish them all by that time, since there are more that 700
> still needing to be completed.

700 is the bugger part of the former Core, of course.

> I'm looking for suggestions from the community on what you think is a
> reasonable number or percentage of reviews to complete by F8t2.

the question is what would such a number help? Would F8t2 have to slip
if that number is missed by large? There's a very tight schedule, and
returning to the usual cycle seems important to many (which is a valid
concern), so we'd probably not make that a blocker (even though having
Fedora be fully reviewed is a very noble goal!).

What you probably want is some kind of motivation, and in my experience
in Fedora it works best if you make some kind of weekly report showing
progress and stagnation and frequest calls for reviews.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net