Mock - how do I install my own RPMs on top of what's in Fedora?

Xavier Lamien laxathom at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 27 13:34:32 UTC 2007

2007/6/27, Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com>:

> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > Basic question about mock:
> >
> > I want to test build ocaml-findlib[1] using mock.  However this
> > build-requires ocaml>= 3.10.0 which has been packaged[2] but isn't
> > in Fedora.  So (I'm guessing) I want to do the mock chroot thing,
> > get the Fedora packages required, then install one or more of my own
> > RPMs, then do the test build.
> >
> > How can I do this?

I'll mock your srpm (by uploaded you package on my personnal repository), if
you want, i can send you my .cfg modified (which point to my repository) to
test it too.
As you want ;)
However set up a local repository is an excelent point too.

One way to do this is to edit the mock config file for the target
> dist.  In the yum.conf section, create a new repo (or override the
> local one).  For example, I've added this in some of my configs:
>
> [scratch]
> name=scratch
> baseurl=file:///path/to/repo
>
> Then, put your ocaml packages in /path/to/repo and run createrepo on
> that dir to create the metadata that yum needs.  Now when you call
> mock it will look in your scratch repo as well as the standard ones
> and it should use your updated ocaml packages.
>
> --
> Todd        OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp

Xavier.t Lamien
--