fedora for ARM

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Thu Jun 28 08:47:42 UTC 2007

> The ARM distro will also be unlike x86 distros in that it wont be of much use
> to have ISOs.

That depends on what hardware you're using.  For example, I have
one of these
http://www.iyonix.com/ which Fedora could support (if there was a Linux
2.6 port to that hardware) which would benefit from ISOs.

I haven't yet made ISOs for my ARM port of Slackware, but people ask where
they are -- some people prefer to download something in its entirety
and scribble the distribution name and number onto a CD.

Lennert it's great to see your Fedora ARM work getting attention now:
there appears to me that a number of important Debian fixes tend to stay
local - it'll be great to see your work be pushed upstream.

s.
--
Stuart Winter
www.armedslack.org