kernel support for VE's (OpenVZ / Linux-vServer)

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Jun 29 16:53:11 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 29 June 2007 12:35:05 Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> Do you know when they will make it in the upstream kernel?
>>

> Magic 8 ball says....

LOL :-)

> Seriously some of these may never make it in.  It all depends on the
> motivations of the teams producing these things.

I've been trying to follow some of the discussion on 'linux-kernel'
about all this 'partitioning' and 'containers' related to openvz and
linux-vserver but I couldn't really get a sense of when something might
come of this.  So I guess I was looking if someone knew of a target
date.  I couldn't find any.