Compiz Fusion?

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 16:03:48 UTC 2007

On 6/30/07, Hikaru Amano <kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/29/07, Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Deependra Singh Shekhawat wrote:
> > > I am not sure about rawhide but it has a private repo as if now for
> > > Fedora7. http://blog.kagesenshi.org for more info.
> >
> > A few of us (the current beryl maintainers, compiz maintainers and the
> > individual responsible for the above packages) just started discussing
> > the path forward earlier this week.
> >

> Hi there, I'm the person responsible for those packages ( I have
> plenty of aliases :P ) .. the packages are still not good imo ..
>
> compiz fusion introduced lots of changes in the core compiz packages
> and some stuff, like desktop-effects, simply breaks ..

these are several issues that I believe need to be resolved .. and I
> need ur opinion about them ..
>
> - desktop-effects menu does not JustWork(tm) ..
> - which configuration plugin to use? gconf or ccp? the previous compiz
> uses gconf .. if we are going to use ccp, desktop-effects needs a
> rewrite ..

I think ccp  would be better, it also have a gconf-backend.
about desktop-effects:
there is not much that need to be changed there...
if we decide on what to use I can provide patches if needed ;)

- the default installation provides several plugins that might pull
> more dependencies eg: fuse. to_split or not to_split

do you have a list of this deps?
we could split it into compiz-fusion-plugins and
compiz-fusion-plugins-extras

I just built today git checkout and they are available here

> http://devel.foss.org.my/~kagesenshi/repo/private/testing/
>
> feel free to play around with them ..

thx, will look at them

about desktop-effects .. for systems with AIGLX, an environment var
> need to be exported before launching it to make it work
>
> export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

this should then be added to gnome-wm to because on login desktop-effects is
not inolved.