perl-devel will be removed from the f8 buildroots

Jose Pedro Oliveira jpo at di.uminho.pt
Sat Jun 30 22:02:18 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 29 June 2007 13:01:21 Jose Pedro Oliveira wrote:
>> FYI: more than 700 packages will have to be reviewed due to this change
>> which I consider a waste of packagers time, in particular mine.
>
> Clearly we should just do full installs into buildroots so that nobody has to
> bother with tracking what is actually needed to build their packages.

Right now we don't have an easy way to pull all the perl core modules
into he build system.  Not even pulling the perl-devel package, or any
other meta-package, can we have the perl runtime environment installed
in the building systems.

The problem has been caused by the patch
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-commits/2007-June/msg00114.html.
applied in the begining of the month but only built this week.

Discussion about the patch:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-perl-devel-list/2007-June/msg00018.html

jpo
--