Inaccuracy of smolt i586 count - was 586 kernels.

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jun 30 23:15:40 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 07:07:29PM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> > And even though ppc is not expected to be a frontline arch, only 378
> > boxes? Makes me feel like having a big share of ppc boxes.
>
> Most users won't be reporting anything

Yes, that's the issue with these kind of statistics.

At least for ppc one can get some comparative statistics by checking
the ratio of ppc to i386/x86_64 iso downloads. The correcting factor
would show how different the black numbers behind the smolt stats are
from i386/x86_64 to ppc and use that as a weighing factor for getting
improved estimators for ppc.

But for the i586 vs i686 issue we can't find any other stats to
compare with smolt.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net