http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/7 ?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Jun 2 04:08:11 UTC 2007

> On Friday 01 June 2007 10:35:42 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > I had brought this topic up many months ago, but it was shot down by
> > Jesse and Dennis. A real pity, IMO.
>
> We've obviated the need for buildsys-macros by having the definitions provided
> in it inside redhat-rpm-config.
>
> We could get rid of buildsys-build by making a perhaps 'hidden' group within
> comps that is the buildsys-build group, since mock can easily do a
> groupinstall instead of a package install to populate the buildroot.  These
> two things together would obviate the need for a separate repo all together.
I think we are talking past each other.

What I am referring to is to package the contents of
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups

into an rpm being shipped as part of Fedora (e.g.
as /usr/share/mock/buildgroups) and
to let Fedora's standard mock configuration (/etc/mock) refer to these
files on a local disk.

This would avoid mock having to contact http://b.fp.o each time it is
invoked (avoids network traffic). It also avoids local mock builds to
fail when b.fp.o is non-reachable.

Ralf