Don't put new packages through updates-testing

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Jun 2 20:09:23 UTC 2007

DW> Can I submit a 'regular CVS admin request' for removing all the
DW> pkg.acl files from all packages?

Well, you could submit it.  I certainly wouldn't act on it, mainly
because I just got the necessary access and don't really want to lose
it so soon.  But I don't disagree with the general sentiment.

DW> If we want to foster teamwork, then _defaulting_ to a completely
DW> closed policy is a very poor choice.

Well, see the logs from the most recent FESCO meeting.  This is what
we were complaining about.  Some solutions were proposed, and I hope
to see something happen soon.  Personally I'd prefer to require people
who want an ACL to say so in the CVS request; otherwise the package
doesn't get one.

 - J<