Don't put new packages through updates-testing

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Jun 3 07:54:42 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 16:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> If this is desired, we should start a simple wiki page that package
> maintainers can add requests to for their packages.  I don't want to
> bulk handle anything without the maintainers' input.

Someone already _did_ such things without the maintainers' consent -- my
packages have ACLs where they didn't have them before. Please, do it the
other way round and let maintainers _ask_ for ACLs if they actually want
them. And make them give a _good_ reason too, not just "no teamwork here
please".

As it stands, it seems like the whole process of 'opening' the Core
packages was a deception -- they really seem to be more closed than
before.

Not particularly impressed.

--
dwmw2