Change to U.T.C. based release times

Benjamin Lewis ben.lewis at benl.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 14:02:01 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sunday 03 June 2007 09:39:56 Benjamin Lewis wrote:
>
>> I'm not denying that - jitter will occur whatever we do. But I do think
>> an international project should use an international time - Universal
>> Co-ordinated Time.
>>

> We do.  We pick a Universal Co-ordinated Time for each of our releases.  That
> time may not be the same for every release, just like the day may not be the
> same.

What bothers me is the fact that we don't use UTC, we use Eastern Time
(either EST or EDT) and get UTC _from_ that. So in fact we pick an
Eastern Time time _not_ an UTC time.

In any case, the only change would be a matter of one hour so I'm not
really concerned anymore - if there is no will to change it I'm prepared
to leave it.

--

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador
ben.lewis at benl.co.uk

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118