Documentation [Was: The community has lost control... (Was: Re: Don't put new packages through updates-testing)]

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jun 3 14:23:31 UTC 2007

On Sunday 03 June 2007 10:08:52 Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> I actually started looking to do this and realized what a mess the
> current docs are in. Most of the important docs are squirreled away as
> drafts or personal FAQs. Nothing is finished. It's far too much work
> for one person.

I agree.  What's really needed is a strong individual though to take ownership
of organizing the documentation and assigning various folks to produce or
clean up the existing bits and rearrange them into the layout decided upon.
This may be one of those cases where waiting for a committee to decide on
something will just let it spin out of control.  Would anybody like to take
on this task of ring master for a documentation cleanup rearrangement?  I
think the start of what we have in PackageMaintainers/ is a great start and
probably just needs more direction and love.  I might suggest waiting another
week or so for traffic to die down a bit so that the wiki isn't so
overloaded, and to make sure that the Infrastructure team + Moin folks have
finally fixed the Unicode issues.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora