The community has lost control... (Was: Re: Don't put new packages through updates-testing)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Jun 3 14:28:40 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 10:10 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sunday 03 June 2007 09:50:11 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > > And you expect us to change it how?
> >
> > Post to lists, e.g. maintainers@
>
> Isn't that what others are complaining about?
As I already said, communication is the #1 basis for community-projects
and you can't avoid communicating and discussing decisions.

This might be inconvenient to @RH's working door-to-door, but you should
be aware that most non-RH's door is several 1000miles away from yours,
and that you and your @RH collegues probably communicate a lot of
details in the "corridor/hallways/staircase" while "passing by".

So yes, it will mean overhead, and it will be inconvenient, but such
communication is inevitable.

maintainers@ to me seems to be the ideal candidate wrt. communicating
and discussion "workflow details" because it's subscribers are the
audience being directly affected.

Ralf