Explaining the new suspend quirks functionality in F7

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:07:59 UTC 2007

On 6/3/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 22:21 +0200, dragoran wrote:
>
> > for me suspend and resume works (using the nvidia drivers) but after
> > resume I only see a black page outside of X (vt switch)
> > any ideas? (using the nv driver = no resume at all)
>
> Using the nv driver, have you tried all the suggestions on the site?

using the nvidia driver I have to use vesafb (pas svga=794 to the kernel) to
fix the vt switch problem (=works now)
using the nv driver:
I tryed

--quirk-dpms-on
--quirk-vga-mode3
--quirk-vbe-post
--quirk-vbestate-restore
--quirk-vbemode-restore
--quirk-s3-mode

none of them worked... I also tryed to combine them (random and random
orders) but nothing worked... any idea what to try next?