PR: thunderbird-enigmail, building own thunderbird inside?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sun Jun 3 19:57:17 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 20:19 +0200, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
> > make the thunderbird-devel package, which would have all the necessary
> > files in it. Than we would be able to patch the enigmail to build
> > against it.
>
> Nope.  Not going to have multiple gecko devel environments.  If I enable
> thunderbird-devel, I'll turn off firefox-devel.  And I think
> firefox-devel is the more useful item right now.
>
> One of my goals for F8 is to have one gecko environment across the board
> which would allow for this.  I hope to get it done around the test1 time
> frame and after a testing period, am likely to backport to older Fedorae.

But that leave us only two choices, I think. Either leave the package as
is and accept it to Fedora with the knowledge that it's dirty and needs
to be fixed as soon as you (or someone else) provide the necessary devel
packages (most likely the xulrunner??), and probably fill even a bug for
this or something. Or, wait until the problem is fixed (which could
however take quite a long time) and accept the package after.

Martin