koji weirdness

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 13:56:43 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 15:32 -0400, Mike Bonnet wrote:

> I just checked in an alternate chain-build implementation to
> Makefile.common, based on a target we were using internally (and have
> tested rather extensively).  Update your common/ directories and run
> "make help" to see the chain-build usage.
>
> You specify the packages that the current package depends on using the
> CHAIN= parameter to "make chain-build".  The packages specified in the
> CHAIN= parameter will be checked out into a temp directory and "make
> cvsurl" will be called to get their CVS URL (this will reference the
> latest tag that was applied to the package on the current branch, and
> that tag must not have been built in Koji already).  The CVS URLs from
> each CHAIN= package and the current package will be used to generate the
> appropriate koji command-line to build each package in order (the
> current package will be built last, and should not appear in the CHAIN=
> parameter).

This appears to stick a : between every target in the CHAIN, which means
the build system will stall between every one.  Would it be possible to
get like a 'make expert-chain' that lets you specify the stall points
explicitly?

Otherwise, if I need to rebuild all X drivers for a new server ABI, I'll
be waiting on ~40 stall points.

- ajax