Testing update announcements

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Jun 4 22:12:46 UTC 2007

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:
>> Small bug with trying to change them to come "from" the maintainer.
>> Not every maintainer is subscribed to the list with their
>> <username> <at> fedoraproject.org address so mails were bouncing.
>> Going back to updates <at> fp.o for now.
>
> Could it somehow be possible to whitelist mails from Bodhi similarly
> to how mails coming in through the GMane gateway are? For example,
> I'm not subscribed to this list at all, yet I can post through GMane
> (I'm using the web interface).

It ought to be relatively easy to sync the list of emails for fedora
account holders with those allowed to post to the announce list
without being a member of that list.

With a little chunk of python this could be rolled into a withlist
script (withlist is part of mailman).  The emails from the accounts
system would need to be synced/added to the accept_these_nonmembers
property for the announce list.

Of course, on the list of things to do, I doubt this is near the top
for the infrastructure folks (who must all be damn good jugglers. :)

The man who can make hard things easy is the educator
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson