PowerPC (was: Re: annoying syslog message from kernel)

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:53:32 UTC 2007

David Woodhouse <dwmw2 <at> infradead.org> writes:

> On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 13:29 +0000, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> > Joseph Sacco <jsacco <at> gnome.org> writes:
> >
> > > Another thing... On occasion the system, Powermac with dual G4
> > > processors, fails to boot because of a "spinlock" problem on CPU0.
> >
> > I've got problems with my bcm43xx (caused by new wi-fi stack) and my
>
> You can still use the old bcm43xx 'softmac' driver if it's working
> better.

No I can't.
Wi-Fi starts working only after I upgraded firmware to v4.80.xxxx and switched
from bcm43xx to bcm43xx_mac80211. My default configuration wasn't working at all
after "yum upgrade".

> > PowerPC-based Mac Mini completely loosed ability to play sounds )
>
> Do you have the snd-aoa driver loaded?

Yes. I tried to load/unload snd-aoa and/or snd-powermac in every possible
combination, but failed.

If you interested you may read my quest )

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/fedora-ppc/2007-June/000985.html