fedora for ARM

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jun 6 12:01:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 12:04 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 09:36 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> >> Andy Green wrote:

> > If host and target object format differ, rpmbuild bombs out.
>
> I have never experienced that, so I guess it must be okay for all the
> packages I addressed, at least.  And that includes some big stuff like
> db4, postfix, asterisk, gdb, linux itself...
As soon as you have several different object formats at the same time
inside of than rpm, rpmbuild fails, no matter how you override.

> >>  defnitely debuginfo rpms are generated and work fine on arm
> >> with gdb.
> > Not unlikely, but you should check your buildlogs for error/warning
> > messages and your resulting rpms for correctness.
>
> My scripts will stop dead if rpmbuild chokes so I am pretty sure none of
> my packages so far fell into this unusual category of building and
> packaging apps compiled for both host and target.
Well, all packages you mention above are "host only" (==target in rpms'
nomenclature) packages. You manage to get this working by overriding all
tools being used to "build->host cross-tools".

Things get really ugly, when building native cross-tools (such as the
avr* tools) and when cross-rpmbuilding cross-tools (e.g.
rpmbuild --target=<non-native-distro> avr-gcc).

In these cases you'll have different object formats inside of one rpm at
the same time.

Ralf